Sunday, March 08, 2009

Watchmen

I met some new people tonight through Jeff, and we all went to go see Watchmen, followed by an ever so healthy round of wings at Quaker Steak.

I have been wanting to see this one for a while, and while watching it, saw little points in it that I remember from previews and other publicity that made me want to see it. It was a little different than I had expected, and while I didn't love it, I did actually like it. Also, I am a fan of Jeffrey Dean Morgan and enjoyed performance as The Comedian, even though his character was a total ass.

There was no lack of, um, blue in this movie, and if you have seen it, you know what I am talking about. It was nice blue though. ;-) It was a little odd at times. I wasn't sure if it was supposed to come across as funny, or artistic.

Funny moment that needs to be shared with the world:

The movie cuts into a sex scene as Jon Osterman (Dr. Manhattan) is narrating a story of his past love. He says "And that night was the first time Janey and I made love." Without skipping a beat, a younger child in the row in front of us yelled "STOP!" (probably to a sibling in reference to something completely unrelated). It was timed perfectly, and definitely made a few of us LOL.

movie = entertaining
new people met tonight = awesome and funny
evening of fun = total success

the 4:30am alarm is going to suck :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment