It's a nice feeling knowing that if I wanted to impulse pay off my car at this very moment, I could do it. I owe 1592.94, and the loan was termed to go through Jan. of 2010. I paid $507 on it today, and now I'm super motivated to finish paying it off.
The car is co-titled so the insurance company sent the check for the recent damages to my Dad. The way it was written, Vacationland said they could only apply it toward my car loan. My Dad, and the bank lady looked really confused this morning when I quickly agreed to that, instead of trying to get the check changed to my name. The original plan was to throw it into savings, and let the loan account continue to pull my monthly payment amount from it. This way, I'm just paying it more quickly, and more of it goes to the principal. I was happy with the outcome. Now, my next payment isn't even due until May 28. :-)
I've put a lot of money into her the past 4 years, and she's been acting kinda funny in the last 6 months or so. The 110,000+ miles I've gotten out of her so far have been pretty impressive, but I really need her just to hold on for a few more months until I can find more stable work, or get a job as a Nurse. Then I can hopefully get a new one that doesn't sound like the flubber powered car in the old school Absent-Minded Professor movie.
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment