Thursday, January 07, 2010

Coffee

A thought occurred to me yesterday. It's amazing how easy inexpensive living is, once you have to live inexpensively. I can't believe how much money I used to spend on coffee, and how much other people do.

I was loading my Cuisinart Grind and Brew coffee maker with my Folgers coffee, when I noticed that the plastic coffee container said that it could make about 240 6oz cups of coffee. With the help of a calculator, my simple math brain started working. That is 1440 oz. of Coffee. That is 72 20oz cups of coffee. Forgive me if my numbers are off, but:

At Starbucks, at $1.95 a pop for a Venti brewed coffee. 72 of those would cost $140.40.

A large coffee from McDonalds is about $1.60, 72 of those would cost $115.20

Even at Speedway, when they run the any size for $.99, you're still shelling out $71.28

I paid $5.99 for my 1440 oz!

That blew my mind. Does this mean I'm going to stop getting coffee from other places? No way! But, I'm pleased to see the amount of money I'm not spending by making coffee at home every morning! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment