We had a lottery to pick clinical sites for our preceptorships. I was lucky number 35 out of about 60ish, so I didn't get top pick, but, I think I got a decent location. My biggest concern was being able to work 12 hour shifts. I have to do a total of 60 hours, so I can bust out the course requirements in 5 visits! The clinical instructor that is overseeing our group said the quickest anyone has ever done it was 2 weeks. I plan to do the same. All of our tests are online already for that class, so I could be completely done with that one really quickly, which makes me happy!
Bradley Bay Nursing Home is the place I will be going to and working one on one with a LPN. I looked at the website for the place and was pretty impressed. I might have to apply for a job with the company. Among the listed benefits:
- *medical, dental, vision coverage and all that jazz
- *7 Paid Holidays - Holiday pay is earned for Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, and the Employee's Birthday.
- Vacation Pay/Paid Time Off (PTO) - An employee is eligible for vacation/PTO benefits after completing one year of employment and every year thereafter on his/her anniversary date. Vacation/PTO is earned based on the number of hours worked. Full Time employees will earn at least:
-
96 hours after 1 year of service
-
136 hours after 5 years of service
-
176 hours after 10 years of service
-
-
Attendance Bonus - All employees, excluding managers and office clerical staff, may be eligible to be awarded a 2-week attendance bonus if certain criteria are met.
-
Semi-Annual Bonus - A semi-annual bonus will be paid in July and December. The bonus is prorated based on the number of hours worked and vacation hours taken in the six months period prior to the bonus being paid.
-
Uniform Allowance - Nursing, Dietary, Housekeeping, Laundry, and Maintenance employees are paid an hourly uniform allowance, to be used toward the cost of the required uniforms.
-
Weekend Shift Differential - All hourly employees working the weekend will receive a shift differential for regular and overtime hours worked.
I'm sold!

No comments:
Post a Comment